In this day and age, it is no surprise for the corporate staff to be overwhelmed by the abundance of unstructured data. ERPs and databases have evolved to a point where they can house amazingly large amounts of data. The question now is, what do you do with this data to add value? This program will introduce Business Intelligence (BI), hands-on, to allow you to clean, normalize, and interpret large volumes of data. You will be able to establish historical relationships, analyze the current situation and predict future strategies. The application of BI is borderless, covering operational, tactical and strategic business decisions. It spans all departments and cascades down to all users who perform data cleansing, reporting, analysis, modeling, integration, and automation.
In this course, we use MS Excel exclusively as an ultimate and readily available BI tool allowing you to develop an exclusive level of expertise and add immediate value to your job and company.
This is a hands-on course on using MS Excel as a BI tool. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects on a daily basis.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Boost Excel Business Intelligence (BI) expertise in data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data modeling
- Perform data normalization, report writing, analysis and reconciliation
- Develop dynamic BI models, dashboards, scorecards and flash management reports by linking-up Excel with Access, Text, and other databases
- Advance and enhance the look and feel of reports using dynamic visualization techniques
Business professionals, business analysts, data analysts, research analysts, finance professionals, marketing and sales professionals, HR professionals, IT professionals, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state-of-the-art data analysis techniques to their daily business reporting and decision making.
- Massaging and normalizing data
- Reporting, analysis, and reconciliation
- Interpretation of large data sets
- Modeling and ‘what-if’ scenarios
- Establishing data integration
- Developing dynamic dashboards and scorecards
- Designing key performance indicators
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Data analysis tools and techniques
- Advanced data validation using lists, dates and custom validation
- Powerful array functions
- Cell management tools: left, right, mid, concatenate, value
- Naming, editing, and managing cells and ranges
- Looking-up data, texts, and values using vlookup
- The incredible table-tools technique
- Slicing dates into day names, weeks, week numbers, month names, years and quarters
- Mastering data reporting: the 20 must learn pivot-tables tools
- Creating pivot tables
- Number formatting techniques
- Designing report layout
- Sorting in ascending, descending and more sort options
- Filtering labels and values
- Expanding and collapsing reports
- Drill down option
- Summarize values by sum, average, minimum, maximum, count
- Show values as % of total and % of
- Pivot table options
- Inserting formulas
- Date analysis
- Copying pivot tables
- Creating pivot charts
- Dynamic chart labeling
- Mastering the slicer
- Showing report filter pages
- Linking pivot tables and pivot graphs with PowerPoint
- Conditional formatting with pivot tables
- Designing reports using the getpivotdata
- Data modeling and integration
- Check box data modeling with if function
- List box data modeling with choose function
- Scenario manager
- Linking Excel with text files
- Linking Excel with databases (Access)
- Linking Excel with Excel
- The look and feel: charting and visualization techniques
- Creating dashboards
- Using the camera tool
- Using fancy fonts
- Working with sparklines
- Creating unconventional style charts