Today’s security landscape requires individuals and businesses to take the threat to safety and security seriously. Safe and secure environments can be achieved by applying principles, concepts and knowledge of access and egress control, risk management, physical security procedures, security and resilience measures.
This specialized security course provides participants with the skills and foresight to protect assets such as; people, property, policy, procedure, and reputation, through engaging live exercises, demonstrations, and active participation.
This course includes case studies, role-plays, presentations, videos, and group exercise sessions to facilitate the learning process.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of physical security planning
- Develop a strong knowledge of access and egress control principles required to manage and perform physical security
- Conduct risk, vulnerability and exposure assessments
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal versus external security procedure
- Apply knowledge of Information Technology for access control
This course has been designed for security team leaders, supervisors, and managers who are looking to increase their knowledge of access and egress operations. It is also ideal for site or company managers or owners who are looking to set up physical security systems and/or teams, or security professionals new to physical security and access control.
- Security planning
- Information Technology
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Principles of Physical Security Planning
- Modern security environment
- Proactive and reactive security
- Operational requirements for physical security
- Fundamentals of security planning
- Importance of security strategy in the management
- Principles of security
- Threats to Security
- Security threat terminology
- Importance of asset protection
- Threat typology
- Onion principle and defense in depth
- Exposure to environmental threats
- Differences between risk and threats
- Access and Egress Control
- Introduction to fundamentals of access and egress control
- Methods of access and egress control
- Access and egress control duties
- Types of access control
- Practical session on conducting access and egress control
- Access and egress control planning session
- Technology, Systems and Security Equipment
- Introduction to the fundamentals of technology systems and security equipment
- Types of access control systems
- Operational controls & indicators for maintenance and response
- Types of physical security equipment
- Practical session on the application of physical security equipment
- Introduction to Information Technology and Risk Management
- Different risk assessment methodologies
- Risk assessment process
- Risk exposure and vulnerabilities in access control technologies
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Information Technology and physical security