Whether you communicate under pressure, manage challenges in interpersonal relationships, or look to build lasting rapport, your communication style and competence are the cornerstones for improving your chances of achieving your objectives.
The aim of this course is to assist you in becoming a more effective communicator by identifying people’s thinking patterns and preferred learning methods and by tailoring your communication accordingly. Getting a better understanding of how you communicate with others as well as how others communicate with you will improve business and personal relationships. Moreover, this course will help you fine-tune the way you interact with others, which can be the key to your workplace and overall success.
The workshop is designed to be interactive and participatory. It includes various pedagogical tools to enable participants to function effectively and efficiently in a multilateral environment. The course will be built on four pedagogical pillars: concept learning (presentations by the consultant), role-playing (group exercises), experience sharing (roundtable discussions) and exposure to case studies and scenarios.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Use advanced communication tools and skills to deliver various types of messages
- Identify the different personal listening styles and discover their own
- Apply meta programs to improve understanding of people
- Describe and harness the power of body language
- Practice and use assertiveness skills in different situations
- Demonstrate the use of the secrets of influence for effective communication
This course is targeted at employees, supervisors, middle managers and senior managers seeking to take their communication skills to the next level by developing advanced communication techniques and strategies.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Building rapport
- Influencing others
- Inspiring and persuading others
- Providing and receiving feedback
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Defining effective communication
- Communication: definition and characteristics
- Myths about communication
- Communication functions
- The four laws of communication
- Evolution of communication
- Communicating for results
- Understanding elements of communication
- The element of noise
- Mehrabian’s 55-38-7 rule
- Overcoming communication anxiety and other obstacles
- Communication etiquette
- The art of listening
- Common listening issues
- Guidelines for effective listening
- Effective listening and paraphrasing techniques
- Understanding different listening styles: active versus passive styles
- Improving the information recall rate
- Assessing personal listening profiles
- Internal listening filters
- Understanding the filter system
- Sensory input channels
- Internal filter systems: the 6 layers
- The 6 listening meta programs
- Overcoming the 6 filters when communicating
- Avoiding the loss of information
- Mastering body language
- The art of body language
- Components of non-verbal communication
- The power of appearance
- Communicating through colors
- Evaluating your body language skills
- Eliciting thinking patterns through eye movement
- Building rapport using body language
- Advanced assertiveness skills
- Understanding assertiveness: definition and values
- Components of passive, assertive and aggressive styles
- Assertiveness rights and responsibilities
- Activities for practicing assertive behavior
- Managing criticism assertively
- The power of influence and persuasion
- Definition and characteristics of influence
- The 6 principles of persuasion: how to apply them
- Bases and sources of power
- Dealing with difficult people using persuasion