If not managed properly, interpersonal issues and conflicts within a team can derail the best-laid plans. In this training course, you will learn how to resolve the most problematic situations using a variety of approaches and proven techniques. You will identify your preferred conflict resolution style and learn how to adapt it to tackle the situation you face. You will also learn about influencing skills and the bases of power, how to apply them and when. In this training course, you will be equipped with the ability to diﬀuse conflicts and use them as a platform for positive change.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant and participants, role plays (rehearsed and impromptu), playback of videotaped performances and individual and group feedback.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the different sources of conflict
- Identify personal conflict resolution styles
- Apply influencing skills and explore relationships with others
- Manage conflict in teams and engage in effective team problem solving
- Use the different bases of power and change them according to the situation
- Practice different strategies of winning the hearts and minds of people
Business professionals who want to expand their conflict resolution skills, understand their own emotions and behaviors and find productive ways to manage conflict with influence, even when authority is lacking.
- Proactive listening
- Handling rejections
- Leading others
- Situation analysis
- Sensitivity to others
- Understanding motivational needs
- Customer orientation
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Definitions of conflict
- Nature and scope of conflict management
- Misconceptions about conflict
- Sources of conflict
- Positive and negative factors of conflict
- When conflict comes between you and your desired results
- Thomas Kilmann conflict resolution mode instrument
- Scoring and interpretation
- Ways of coping with conflict
- Assumptions and outcome of a conflict
- Managing conflict and using an appropriate style for more effective outcomes
- Approaches to conflict resolution
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Assumptions in disagreement
- Creating a collaborative work environment for faster and better results
- Influencing others in a problem-solving context
- The use of emotional intelligence in conflict management
- Working effectively with team members
- Managing emotions, information, and problems
- Tips for effective day to day conflict management
- Resolving conflict before it gets out of hand
- Managing conflict with superiors and subordinates
- Getting better results through negotiation
- Establishing or regaining credibility so you can begin to influence people
- Achieving trust down and across the organization
- Importance of teamwork
- Managing conflict in teams
- Dealing with dysfunctional team roles
- Enhancing communication in a team
- Effective team problem solving
- Approaches to conflict and pattern of escalation
- Influence inventory (power bases)
- Definitions of influence and the bases of power
- Changing the bases of power
- Persuading others by using your power bases
- Identifying ways to build relationships upward, downward and laterally within your organization
- Understanding the person you are trying to influence and persuading them through give and take
- Selling your ideas and implementing change successfully
- Influencing people while projecting self-confidence without being pushy
- Strategies for developing charismatic qualities
- Leadership training for influence and power
- The art of changing hearts, minds, and actions
- Influence and the psychology of persuasion
- The power to change anything
- Action plan for developing your conflict resolution skills and influence from anywhere in the organization