One of the most important and required skills for a purchasing professional is negotiation. In this course, we will explore the various modern negotiation methods from a purchasing perspective. We will cover in detail the various negotiation strategies required to meet the purchasing needs of the organization. The strong and weak points of the buyer along with the strong and weak points of the supplier will be explored. We will also discover the appropriate negotiation styles for various situations, including complex situations that will require careful attention.
This course uses a variety of interactive training methods such as role-playing, videos, team exercises, individual exercises, case studies, group discussions, and questionnaires.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to meet the purchasing needs of the organization
- Implement those strategies to maximize the purchasing value
- Discover the appropriate negotiation style for each situation
- Explain how to handle and deal with complex negotiation situations
- Identify supplier strong points and buyer strong points
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, and all other company personnel who are involved in the negotiation process.
- Strategic negotiation
- Planning skills
- Executing skills
- Dealing with difficult suppliers
- Communicating with suppliers
- Implementation skills
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Preparation strategies
- Developing buyer needs and requirements
- Understanding the buyer position
- Understanding the supplier position
- The number of suppliers in the market
- Economic analysis of the market
- Forming a pre-negotiation checklist
- Forming the negotiation strategy
- Forming the purchasing negotiation team
- Proper planning and preparation
- Implementing the negotiation strategy
- Making the purchasing plan operational
- The best time to negotiate
- Time is power in purchasing and negotiation
- Information is power in purchasing and negotiation
- The other types of power in negotiation
- The best place to negotiate
- Understanding supplier expectations
- The 80/20 rule of negotiation
- Developing a negotiating style
- Attributes of a good negotiator
- Developing those attributes by the buyer
- Expressing your purchasing needs effectively
- Knowing your products and commodities
- Knowing the supplier products and services
- Active listening techniques
- Types of questioning styles
- Preparing the right list of questions
- Dealing with complex negotiations
- Sole source suppliers
- Single source suppliers
- Win/Win meets Win/Lose
- Win/Win meets Lose/Lose
- Backdoor buying tactics
- Controlling emotions during a negotiation
- Friends and relatives as suppliers
- Ethical behavior and negotiation
- Preparing and conducting individual and team negotiations
- Practical role plays
- Playing the role of the buyer
- Playing the role of the supplier
- Playing the role of the evaluator
- Supplier strong points
- Buyer strong points
- Being aware of supplier hidden tactics and tricks