This course is uniquely focused on the operational aspects of managing employee buses and land passenger transport. Employee and passenger transport operations play an integral part in connecting society and fulfilling mobility requirements. As a result, there is a growing need to deliver against those obligations in a manner that satisfies time, cost, service and safety constraints.
In this course, we will start by highlighting the purpose and objectives of employee bus and passenger transport. We then describe vehicle inspection, audit and control processes in detail, providing practical tips, techniques and templates. Next, we illustrate different facets of operations especially as they relate to routing and scheduling while also emphasizing the importance of safety in operations. We conclude the course with a thorough explanation of key operational drivers.
This course uses a variety of individual exercises, team exercises, cases, games and discussion boards. It also leverages a series of videos to explain the latest employee and passenger transport practices.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List the objectives of employee bus and passenger transport operations
- Manage vehicle inspection, audit and control processes for compliance with regulations
- Plan and execute employee and passenger transport operations to optimize costs, delivery times, service quality and safety levels
- Implement pupil, passenger and fleet safety programs for secure transport operations
- Apply operational cost management strategies to improve financial performance
Transport coordinators, supervisors, managers, inspectors, planners and safety officers in the school bus as well as other land passenger transport sectors.
- Transport management
- Employee bus operations
- Passenger transport operations
- Vehicle routing
- Vehicle capacity planning
- Vehicle inspection, audit and controls
- Transport safety
- Operational costs
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Objectives of employee bus and passenger transport operations
- Objectives of transport management
- Fundamentals of school bus operations
- Matching demand with capacity
- Employee and passenger particularities
- Recognizing passengers with audio, visual and physical disabilities
- Passenger transport modes and types
- Efficient and effective transportation
- Setting the service level
- Vehicle inspection, audit and control
- Need for compliance with government regulation
- Specifications of bus exteriors
- Specifications of seating and bus interiors
- Inspection templates
- Inspection process
- Conducting a comprehensive audit
- Operational control mechanisms
- Planning and executing transport operations
- Planning for transport operations
- Factors affecting transport decisions
- Network design options
- Vehicle routes, schedules and timetables
- KPIs for monitoring transport operations
- Safety fundamentals in employee and passenger transport
- Elements of a safety transportation plan
- Safety as it relates to routes
- Boarding procedures
- Disembarking procedures
- Tracking boarded and disembarked pupils and passengers
- Employee bus “danger zone”
- Warning systems
- Employee and passenger behavior guidelines
- Pre-trip vehicle checks
- Post-trip vehicle checks
- Driver selection criteria
- Fleet skill tests
- Formula for safe driving
- Optimizing transport operating costs
- Operational costs overview
- Particulars of fixed costs
- Particulars of variable costs
- Maintenance charges
- Cost reduction techniques across the value chain
- Critical cost ratios
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relating to costs