This course will provide security operatives, officers and managers with the fundamentals of conducting effective security operations.
It will address a wide variety of topics to enable all participants to understand and practice the skills required to carry out day-to-day security functions.
Participants will gain practical skills and techniques that can be implemented immediately back into the workplace.
This course is highly interactive and includes group discussions, case studies, and syndicate work. It also includes practical exercises that allow all participants to use the knowledge they gained to demonstrate their skills in conducting effective security operations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate and explain the skills and duties of a confident security officer
- Explain the relevant legislation/law that impacts the work of a security officer
- Explain the importance of emergency procedures within the workplace
- List the safety principles, procedures, and policies, which are required within the workplace
- Apply good communication, customer care, and negotiating skills
- Apply to search, patrolling and scene preservation skills
- Describe the use of access and egress control within the security officer role
Security officers, managers, team leaders and other individuals who require the skills and duties to perform or manage security roles within the workplace.
- Conducting risk assessment
- Managing physical security
- Access control systems management
- Incident management
- Conflict resolution
- Security report writing
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Introduction to Supervising Security Operations
- What is Security?
- Customer Service
- The Structure of Law
- Manned Security Operations
- Roles of a Security Officer
- Crime Identification
- Arrest Procedure
- Security Report Writing
- Investigations & Evidence
- Physical Security Operations
- Access & Egress Control
- Search Procedure
- Systems Security Operations
- Technology & Systems
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Safety and Emergency Response
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Risk, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Principles of First Aid
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Response & Evacuation Procedures
- Incident Management
- Communication Skills and Conflict Management
- Communication & Reporting Skills
- Introduction to Conflict management
- Preventing Conflict
- Managing Conflict
- Learning from Conflict
- Physical Intervention and Use of Force
- Introduction to Physical Intervention
- Use of Force and the Law
- Disengagement Skills
- Escorting and Guiding Skills