Training and development professionals are under continuous pressure to oﬀer exceptional training services. The demands of their job can only be fulfilled through an extensive knowledge of the main topics related to the training profession. This course will equip participants with practical knowledge for promoting training within their organizations, linking training to organizational objectives, analyzing training needs, and selecting internal trainers and external consultants. In addition, the course focuses on different levels of training evaluation and on the competencies required by training professionals.
Participants will learn by doing. A number of practical group exercises are used to assist participants in applying theoretical knowledge to organizational settings.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the strategic significance of training with particular emphasis on aligning training with strategy, promoting training within the organization and partnering with managers and supervisors
- Develop appropriate methods to conduct a Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- Examine ways to select internal trainers and to hire external consultants
- Demonstrate the success of training at all evaluation levels, from reaction to Return On Investment (ROI)
- List foundational competencies for training professionals along with key actions and behaviors
Training and development professionals involved in the process of training needs analysis, coordinating and organizing training courses, and evaluating the results of training.
- Working with people
- Presenting and communicating
- Applying expertise and technology
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Formulating concepts and strategies
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- The strategic framework of training: an overview
- The role of a training department
- Approaches aligning training with strategy
- From top-down to pulse-taking
- Marketing training within the organization
- Training preparations
- Guidelines for promotional material
- Your training announcement template
- Partnering with managers and supervisors
- The style inventory
- Planning, preparation, presentation and follow up with managers and supervisors
- Roles and responsibilities
- The role of the training professional in TNA
- The importance of identifying needs
- The training needs assessment process
- Data collection methods: quantitative and qualitative
- Advantages and disadvantages of the quantitative and qualitative methods
- Approaches to identifying needs
- Workshop: applying training needs assessment
- Selecting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Qualifications for internal trainers
- Internal trainer selection process
- Train the trainer boot camp
- Feedback and coaching template for internal trainers
- Hiring a consultant or external trainer
- Screening consultants criteria worksheet
- Proposal evaluation
- Review of a training proposal
- Consultant interview evaluation questions
- Monitoring consultant performance: beginning, during, closing
- Demonstrating the success of training
- Lessons on how to evaluate training
- The four levels of evaluation
- Linking evaluation levels with TNA
- Linking evaluation levels with Instructional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Components of a complete ILO
- The ROI process model
- Tabulating program costs
- Calculating ROI
- Competencies of the training professional
- Competency defined: the iceberg metaphor
- Competency: components and types
- Foundational competencies for training professionals
- Key actions and behaviors
- Your personal development plan