Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions to architects on how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. This course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. Case studies throughout the course showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented.
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who are responsible for designing cloud infrastructure and reference architectures.
- Systems Engineers and Developers who are responsible for designing and implementing architectures on AWS.
- Solution Architects and Solution Design Engineers.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended the AWS Technical Essentials course.
- Working knowledge of distributed systems.
- Familiarity with general networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.