In this course, participants will understand the differences between communication styles and develop a Win-Win mindset to make them effective in any circumstance. Using the four pillars of communication, participants will learn to determine what outcome they would like from any situation by influencing and persuading; they will build rapport with others, monitor their success, and be flexible to change. They will also understand the common reasons for failures in communication and know what to do to resolve them.
As part of being an effective communicator and influencer, it is essential to be able to present with confidence and professionalism. Through this course, participants will be given live coaching around their presentation style. They will be shown best practice on how to use their voice, body movements, and choice of wording. Through repetition, they will grow in confidence as one by one, the skills are layered. They will also be shown how to create a well-structured presentation and how to interact professionally with their visual aids, including PowerPoint.
This course has been designed by a leading female trainer specifically to benefit female professionals, it covers key topics to enable female professionals to thrive in their organizations and become confident and effective communicators.
Various training methods will be used throughout the course: trainer input, group discussion, small group exercises, experiential learning, individual presentations, and self-reflection. A highly interactive approach is used to encourage engagement.
Throughout the course, participants will make a number of presentations to the rest of the group which will be filmed (for personal use only) and used for self-evaluation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Utilize the four pillars of effective communication
- Control difficult conversations without feeling guilty
- Apply the win-win mindset and become assertive
- Design and deliver an impactful, professional presentation
- Overcome anxiety when presenting
- Become a confident, professional communicator
This course will benefit women who are in supervisory, managerial or leadership positions, or who work in teams, and would like to become more influential in the workplace through improving their communication skills. This course is a necessity for women who make presentations to colleagues and/ or clients as part of their professional role.
- Oral Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Controlling conversations
- Creating Presentations
- Presenting Skills
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- The four pillars of effective communication
- Knowing your outcome
- Building rapport quickly and easily
- Sensory acuity and what it means
- Flexibility being able to change if the communication is not going to plan
- The 3 channels of communication
- Identifying preferred communication styles
- Identifying your own habits and preferred way of communicating
- Identifying the preferred style of others
- Understanding the tension between the varying styles
- Knowing how to limit tension by flexing your style
- Handling difficult conversations
- Using the ACHE model to diffuse tension
- Giving honest feedback
- Being prepared for typical responses to feedback
- Identifying the win-win mindset and understanding its importance for assertiveness
- Passive, assertive and aggressive behaviors
- Being assertive
- Exploring the Life Positions model
- Designing a professional presentation
- The 5 key elements
- Problem: what problem?
- PowerPoint Its uses and flaws
- Other methods of presenting
- Delivering a presentation that has an impact
- The 3 channels of communication and presenting
- Legs and feet
- Arms and hands
- Delivering without notes or props
- Use of the voice
- Facial expressions
- The words used
- Overcoming anxiety when presenting
- Planning and preparation
- Top tips for calming nerves
- Visualizing success
- Powerful communication skills
- Understanding perceptions and how we create them
- Knowing how to make small adjustments for big changes
- Realizing the power of confident communication
- Staying calm in a crisis