Court messengers often deliver items that the attorney is unwilling to entrust to external means of delivery, such as evidence or confidential case information. Messengers may perform most of their errands by foot, bicycle or use law firm vehicles. The Court Messenger serves a vital role in today’s legal profession. This course aims to refine and develop a messenger’s abilities to perform their tasks
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, videos, reflection, and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Take on independent or leadership roles, work in teams when needed, and interact confidently with peers, direct managers and executives
- Utilize excellent communication skills to be even more impactful in the workplace
- Structure their workload for optimal performance and results, using effective time management strategies
- Build effective relationships with direct managers by adapting to different working styles
- Manage conflict as well as understand and influence colleagues using Emotional Intelligence (EI)
This course is beneficial for professionals in the court set up who have an administrative or supporting role. This includes, but is not limited to administrative assistants, office managers, executive PAs, executive secretaries, personal assistants, executive assistants, confidential secretaries, senior and junior secretaries, and other administration-related office professionals.
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Presentation Skills
- Office Management
- Office Administration
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Email Composition
- Following Strict Document Formats
- Attention to Detail
- Cover Letters
- Strong Grammar Skills
- Calendar Management
- File Management
- Confidential Information Management
- Process of Packaging and Sending Legal Documents
- Receiving and Organizing Affidavits
- Note Taking
- Note Taking
- Data Entry
- Inductive Reasoning
- Deductive Reasoning
- Information Management
- Digital File Organization
- Data Backup Software
- Desktop Publishing
- Email Management
- Overview of duties and responsibilities
- Filing documents with the court
- Distribute information to third parties
- Pick up and deliver time-sensitive files, documents, and packages;
- Run miscellaneous errands
- Document security
- Personal/traffic safety
- Documentation-chain of custody
- Establishing a Court Messenger Service