Communication is a critical organizational function that can help a company stay efficient and productive. One of the more important forms of organizational communication is interdepartmental communication. This course helps attendees develop the skills necessary to implement policies that strengthen interdepartmental communication and maintain an efficient flow of information.
This course relies on the use of self-evaluation exercises aimed at helping participants discover their preferred communication style. The course also features the use of a number of case studies, practical exercises, and presentations by participants followed by group discussions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify effective frameworks for constructive interdepartmental communication
- Demonstrate excellent internal customer service skills
- Use proactive approaches to simplify work processes between departments
- Apply different team building models to create alignment within the organization
- Solve interdepartmental conflict by identifying and removing communication barriers
- Develop a plan for enhancing overall organizational communication
Managers, supervisors, and professionals who interact with other departments, teams or business units.
- Relating to others
- Gaining commitment
- Role awareness
- Conflict resolution
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Organizational communication
- Definition of interdepartmental communication
- The direction of communication within an organization
- Formal versus informal communication
- The organizational grapevine
- Organizational culture and its effect on performance
- Levels of company culture
- Determining the strength of company culture
- Organizational values and attitudes
- Communication blockers
- Internal customer service
- Internal customer service definition
- Importance of excellent internal customer service
- The service profit chain
- Silo mentality
- Breaking down the silo
- The service quality factors
- Building rapport with internal customers
- Handling customer complaints
- Simplification of work processes between departments
- Signs of complicated or inefficient processes
- Simplifying work processes
- Work simplification stages
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Interdepartmental team building
- Removing the ‘us-against-them’ mindset
- Building an interdepartmental team
- Characteristics of successful teams
- Team cohesiveness
- Team building models and applications
- Creating alignment between different units
- The power of synergy
- From working alone to working in teams
- Resolving interdepartmental problems and conflicts
- Identifying departmental problems
- Problem-solving techniques
- Resolving interdepartmental conflict
- The positive side of a conflict
- Conflict and team performance
- Conflict management styles
- Efficient and effective organizational communication
- Effective organizational communication
- Choosing the right communication medium
- Information richness of different channels
- Eliminating communication overload
- Signs of inefficient communication