Healthcare leaders must have expertise in leadership management, healthcare finance, and human resource management in order to maintain excellence in service and patient care. The Strategic Healthcare Management course aims to ensure that healthcare leaders have access to the world’s leading practices in complex organizational management and healthcare leadership.
This course consists of healthcare industry-specific skill development, and enhancement methodologies and topics, designed for senior and executive-level hospital staff. Including primary care, recuperative care, community and other healthcare facility administrators, chiefs of staff, hospital board members, chief nursing officers, department directors and other healthcare professionals with supervisory, management or executive level responsibilities.
The course will also be of benefit to clinicians who are transitioning or seeking to transition into administrative management or executive roles. Medical and non-medical personnel and staff who aspire to become directors, executives and administrators will also find tremendous value in the knowledge and skills taught.
This course will be highly interactive and include group discussions, case studies, and syndicate work. It will include practical exercises that will allow all participants to use the knowledge they gained to practice leadership skills that internationally renowned healthcare providers implement across the various functions of their organizations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Implement patient-focused strategies, including strategic planning, across the organization
- Leverage executive decision-making tools and formal methods to assess healthcare plans in light of regulations and ever-changing needs in the market
- Lead and manage complex organizations’ crisis management while optimizing quality and safety best practices
- Foster creativity throughout a department or organization
- Apply leadership capabilities to lead healthcare teams and projects to success
Hospital and healthcare administrators, VP and C-suite executives, chiefs of staff, hospital board members, chief nursing officers, department directors and other healthcare professionals with management responsibility.
This course would also benefit clinicians, medical personnel and staff who are transitioning upward into administrative, management, director or executive leadership roles.
- Financial Management
- HR Management
- Employee and patient engagement
- Service excellence
- Patient experience design
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Strategic Management
- Strategic management in healthcare
- Developing a mission and vision statement and strategic management steps
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Positioning the hospital for quality
- Hospital Organizational Structure
- Understanding global organizational structures
- Managing and leading in complex organizations
- Teamwork in healthcare settings
- Financial Management and Forecasting in Healthcare
- The organizational structure and responsibilities of hospital cost centers
- Department and individual cost centers
- Cost center management
- Evaluation methods
- The convergence of cost accounting
- Financial accounting
- Hospital Human Resource Management
- Hospital strategic human resource management
- Developing core values and human resource management
- Understanding human resource management systems
- Developing human resource incentives and control mechanisms
- Hospital Information Technology (HIT)
- The implementation of hospital information management
- HIT systems
- HIT in process management
- HIT in quality and safety
- Security and privacy issues in HIT
- Medical Service Quality Management and Improvement
- Quality of medical services management
- Performance tracking and incentives
- Healthcare quality management methods and common tools
- Emergency preparedness and crisis management