Lean is about organizational transformational towards operational excellence. If your organization strategy addresses operational and organizational excellence, this course will be of great value to you. In this course, you will discover how to develop Lean Strategy, objectives and explore the world of Lean tools. Further, it will discuss how to embark on a Lean journey in your organization.
This course will engage participants in various simple and complex Lean exercises. The course will challenge participants through the use of Lean tools such as Value stream mapping, 5S and case studies. Lectures, group discussions, and presentations will be used to achieve the learning objectives.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand lean concepts and importance for organizations.
- Identify typical process waste in organizations and the importance of removing such waste on the organization’s profits, competitive edge, and customer satisfaction.
- Recognize how lean concepts can directly address the elimination/reduction of operating costs, cycle time, and non-value-added activities.
- Apply lean implementation methodologies.
- Develop an effective lean implementation plan
All professionals who are involved in hands-on initiatives focusing on operations excellence and improving speed, as well as those who are responsible for linking, measuring and improving the performance of the organization.
- Lean Mindset
- Value Stream Mapping
- Six Sigma
- Results orientation
Location:AATICD Campus or Online or Inhouse
Training Dates:Course starts every Monday of every Week.
Course Fees:To be sent via Proforma Invoice to your e-mail
Note: Please fill in the online application form on the left or bottom if this page to receive a quotation from AATICD.
How to Apply:To Apply Simply Fill in the Online Enquiries / Applications form on the Right Sidebar or Bottom of this website http://www.aaticd.co.za
NB:When filling the online application form; please take note of your desired Training Month, Duration in Weeks and Training Session. This will give us the exact dates you will be attending your classes.
Also note that Tuition Fees must be paid upfront on or before training start date. This is to ensure that all resources are made availabe for you before you start. You will not be allowed into training if fees are not paid and verified.
Also note that Tuition Fees Cancellations must be made 14 business working days before the starting date of training. This will allow us to do a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If cancellations are made thereafter note that no refund will be made to delegates.
Tuition Fees include teas and lunch as well as either a laptop or tablet which a delegate will take home free of charge.
Tuition Fee DOES NOT include Accommodation, Dinners and other Extra Curricular Activities or Incidentals. Delegates are expected to fund this on their own. AATICD will not be held accountable for any incidents to delegates.
In-House Trainings are also available for 10 or more delegates for any duration. Please consult with our Administration for such In-House training bookings.
- Introduction to Lean Principles
- Aligning Strategy with Lean Principles
- Core Concepts
- The History of Lean
- The Benefits of Lean
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Components of Lean
- Five Lean Principles
- Building Blocks of Lean
- The 8 Types of Waste – Waste Elimination Strategy
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- 5 S program: Sort, Straighten, Sweep, System, Sustain
- Quick Changeover
- Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED)
- Standard Work
- Single Piece Flow
- Cell Layout
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Point of Use Storage (POUS)
- Visual Organization
- Spaghetti Diagrams
- Poka Yoke
- Lean and Six Sigma: A One-Two Punch
- Six Sigma at a Glance
- Key Definitions
- Understanding Process Capability
- Sources of Variation
- The DMAIC Process
- Traditional Cost of Poor Quality
- Comparison of Lean to Six Sigma-Approach
- Lean Measurement
- What is a Key Performance Indicator (KPI)?
- Developing your Lean KPI
- Output Versus Outcome KPIs
- Obstacles to Measurement
- Relationship with other Models Tools
- Lean Implementation Road Map
- Implementation Road-Map
- Key Factors for Success
- The Lean Leadership Paradigm
- Building Your Lean Implementation Plan
- Barriers to Lean